Our Dental Services
RS Family Dental P.C. provides dental services and treatments for the whole family. We see patients of all ages, from children to the elderly. Besides the routine exam and cleaning, we have the proficiency to perform all phases of dentistry.
Our Services include:
- Composite Restorations – Also known as white fillings. They are typically placed after removal of decay or for restoring cracks or fractures. However, they are also used to enhance aesthetics by reshaping teeth or filling in spaces between teeth. They can be matched very closely to existing color of teeth to improve cosmetics.
- Crowns (Caps) – There are many reasons a person needs a crown: broken or fractured tooth, root canaled tooth, or large decayed tooth. A restoration may not be enough to hold a tooth together. This is typically a two appointment process. On the first visit, a tooth is prepared by shaving it down a certain thickness all around. An impression is taken, which is sent to the dental laboratory for the crown fabrication. A temporary crown is made to cover the prepared tooth until the permanent crown comes back. On the return visit, the temp crown is removed and the permanent crown is seated. It looks and feels like a natural after the process is finished.
- Root Canal Therapy – Also known as Endodontic Therapy. This is a procedure used when the nerve of a tooth is infected. If a nerve is violated and a root canal is not performed, an extraction is necessary, otherwise, a dental infection can form and spread. The process happens when a cavity reaches the nerve. The nerve is removed by specialized files that curve and contour to the shape of the root. The resulting space is filled in by a biocompatible material. It is recommended that crown is placed on the tooth that has undergone a root canal. If not, there exists a possibility that the tooth can fracture.
- Extractions – When a tooth is broken down and/or nonrestorable, an extraction is needed. The tooth can be removed simply or surgically. It is dependant on the severity of the situation.
- Invisalign and Clear Correct – With the advances in orthodontics, using clear aligners is a great way to move teeth into perfect position. No more brackets, bands, or wires! A computer software scans your teeth impressions and simulates your final smile. The company then fabricates all the aligners and sends them to start the ortho process.
- Gum Therapy – For most people, a general cleaning will suffice. However, when a diagnosis of Periodontal disease is rendered, something more advanced is necessary. Scaling and Root Planning is sometimes required, in which the area is anesthetized and special instruments are used to clean below the gum tissue around the surfaces of the teeth.
- Removable Dentures – When replacing multiple missing teeth, dentures are a great way to go. There are two types of dentures, Complete and Partial. A complete denture replaces all of your missing teeth. A partial denture replaces a few missing teeth and uses your existing teeth for stability. Both appliances are removable, not permanently fixed in your mouth.
- Fixed Bridge – This procedure is recommended when missing teeth are present and stable teeth are present. In this process, two or more stable teeth are prepared and used as “anchors” to replace missing teeth. The anchor teeth are prepared for crowns and an impression is taken to send to a dental lab. The laboratory fabricates the crowns and the replacement teeth into one appliance. The appliance is seated on the anchor teeth and it is nearly impossible to tell the difference.
- Implant Restorations – Implants are the ideal way to replace a missing tooth or multiple missing teeth. It is a fixed solution like a crown and bridge, however, adjacent teeth do not need to be prepared. An implant is placed in the jaw bone and left to heal. An attachment is placed on the implant to serve as a foundation for the crown that will be on top of it afterwards. Once the crown is placed on, that tooth is treated like any natural tooth.
- Veneers – This is a great option when there is a need for aesthetic enhancement. If you have chipped, broken, crooked, or discolored teeth, this is a perfect way to cover it and reshape your smile. A laboratory fabricates a thin sliver of porcelain or resin tooth shaped material. It is then placed on prepared teeth to create a beautiful smile.
- Sleep Apnea Appliance – Sleep Apnea is a serious breathing disorder that affects many patients. A diagnosis by your physician through a sleep study is needed. The gold standard is using a CPAP machine, which forces air into your lungs. However many people can not tolerate it and look to alternative solutions. This is where we can help by fabricating a sleep appliance. The adjustable appliance slightly shifts your bottom jaw forward to create a larger airway space, allowing patients to breathe more easily.
- Sedation Dentistry – For patients who are truly nervous, an oral pill can be taken to calm the nerves before an appointment. The medication can make you feel groggy or sluggish, so it is mandatory to bring a driver. If you prefer something to take the edge off slightly, we also offer Nitrous Oxide, a.k.a. Laughing Gas.
- Teeth Whitening – Whitening can correct teeth discoloration in the correct situation. Patients can whiten their teeth in the comfort of their own home. Professionally available whitening gel is placed in the custom made trays of your mouth. They are then worn for a specific time each day for about two weeks.